With over two decades of experience at the cutting edge of private equity investment, Sue has the background and the character to chair Epi-V's investment committee.
The other investment committee members collectively boast over 120 years experience in the oil and gas services sector and Sue is charged with bringing an additional structural perspective and layer of understanding when examining our potential and existing investments.
However it's a challenge that Sue is more than capable of rising to, having had a wealth of experience investing in early and mid-stage businesses from across a broad range of industries.
Recent examples where Sue has chaired the building of value in our portfolio include:
- Assessing and structuring the growth capital requirements of the Epi-V investment portfolio
Other areas of expertise which Sue brings to Epi-V include:
- Financial reporting
- Understanding aspiring management teams
- Transactional experience
- Operating and deployment of growth capital funding
Sue is a qualified accountant but has spent the vast majority of her illustrious career working in private equity.
Having honed her skills as an accountant at KPMG and ICI, in 1987 Sue joined 3i where over a 15 year period she built a wide-base of mid-market investment experience.
This culminated in her heading up a nine-strong transaction team in London with a portfolio worth over £150 million.
Sue's experience includes:
- Trustee of the UK's first endowment, NESTA (National Endowment for Science, Technology and Arts), she is a member of both its 'Invention & Innovation' and 'Finance & Audit' Committees
- Holding a non executive partner position at Frog Capital, a London-based investment business specialising in environmental and clean technology growth capital transactions
Originally from Glasgow and a graduate St Andrews University, Sue enjoys skiing and golf in her spare time.
Ever one for a challenge, Sue and her husband recently took on designing and building a new home, which they share with their two teenage sons.