Steve's expertise is a core asset to Epi-V and complements our overarching strategy of building value by applying best practice across our portfolio businesses.
Sharp operational focus can change the growth path of a company, and it is Steve's board experience which is helping build profits within our investments.
This technological understanding and experience in global business strategy is also helping our portfolio companies bring their innovative technologies to new markets, informing both the development and marketing of products.
Recent examples include:
- Identifying the market gap and technology opportunity with Darcy's sand management proposition
- Establishing and recruiting Darcy's new management team and leading the formation of the business
- Working extensively with the Guardian management team to establish the routes to market strategy
Other areas of expertise which Steve brings to Epi-V include:
- Designing and implementing sales strategies by geographical markets and product lines
- Guiding the direction of technology development to ensure it is fit for purpose and commercially viable
- Leading customer contract negotiations to ensure contracts realise maximum returns
From engineer to Managing Director, Aberdeen to Kuala Lumpur, over the past 20 years Steve has built value in every organisation he's worked in.
His experience, focus and technical competence are combined with a strong sales and marketing understanding. This allows him to maximise the perception of the applicability of a technologies in a wide range of scenarios.
Steve's down-to-earth approach and talent for identifying routes to growth have seen him challenge the status quo throughout his management career, designing and implementing business strategies that have sparked change and delivered genuine value.
Steve's experience includes:
- Commercialising multiple new technologies for Weatherford International
- Commercialising multiple new technologies for Schlumberger including various completion technologies
When not spending time with wife and two boys, Steve enjoys football and competing in European endurance car racing.