By implementing the ideas and tactics gleaned from his international career, Glynn has a strong track record of identifying an emerging market need and using private equity to nurture innovative new technologies, create powerful brands, then rapidly commercialise a business and globalise its sales.
The huge amount of experience in strategic, operational, commercial and management matters Glynn has amassed is applied to every single Epi-V investment.
Recent examples include:
- Using his network to introduce i-Tec to manufacturing companies in Houston
- Bringing his knowledge of land operations and early production systems to Moorland Energy
- Regularly sharing market insight with management team's across our portfolio
Other areas of expertise which Glynn brings to Epi-V include:
- Using his understanding of the global industry to help business' establish and develop the sales channels needed to penetrate new markets
- Leveraging his experience to help develop and motivate management teams
- Applying his negotiating skills to effectively manage the acquisition and integration of complementary businesses and to achieve successful exits (trade sales and IPOs)
Glynn really has "been there, done that" in the oil services industry. From engineer to manager right through trouble shooting guru, innovator and investor, Glynn has amassed a broad and deep well of experience from a career spanning three decades.
Over that time Glynn hasn't lost a single ounce of the entrepreneurial drive, energy, ambition and sense of adventure which has seen him build considerable shareholder value as both an investee and investor.
- The turnaround and sale of SPS to MI Swaco
- Founding Sensa, delivering disruptive fibre optic technology and achieving a high value exit
- The revitalisation of Expro Group leading to the 1995 IPO
- A strong problem solving track record in Schlumberger
- An investor and independent director role with 3i giving three additional exits with DES Operations, Vibration Technology Ltd & Insensys Ltd
Glynn's adventurousness in business is mirrored in his personal life. A former competitive marathon runner, and rock climber, Glynn is currently a highly successful skipper participating in international grand-prix yachting regattas.
In addition to spending time with his wife and two daughters, his other interests include snowboarding and piloting vintage aircraft helicopters.