It's clear that the upstream oil and gas industry will have to adopt different technologies and practices to increase recovery factors in challenging fields.
Our focus is on investing in the development and commercialisation of technologies and services which will enable producers to:
- Exploit reserves in more complex reservoirs
- Operate in deeper offshore waters
- Drill and produce hydrocarbons from unconventional sources such as shale
- Extend the life of mature fields
With a deep pool of experience in the successful commercialisation of upstream oil and gas technology, we consider a wide range of investment opportunities, including:
- Technologies which enable multizone fracturing and long horizontal completions
- Products and services which reduce down time and enable drilling efficiencies
- Safety systems for the protection of operations in deepwater environments
- Slimhole drilling technology
- Increased drilling efficiency and safetyv
- Produced fluids management
- Sand management solutions
- Technologies that enable aging production infrastructure to remain commercially viable
- Realtime modelling of the reservoir dynamics
Our team of specialists has the experience and expertise to fund a wide variety of opportunities.
In addition to taking stakes in trading businesses, we also match IP, entrepreneurial teams and funding to provide the operational structure necessary to support the full development, testing, commercialisation and marketing of their new technology.
Find out more about how we are providing the infrastructure needed to fully commercialise a breakthrough downhole inflow control technology through our investment in Darcy.